OSYC Street Address
100 Front Beach Drive
Ocean Springs, MS 39564
OSYC Mailing Address
P.O. Box 821
Ocean Springs, MS 39566
SUMMER YOUTH SAILING LESSONS...
2018 Youth Summer Sailing Classes - *** Registration Links Below ***
Session 1 Mornings 9:00 AM - Noon, June 4-15, Mon - Fri
Session 2 Afternoons 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM, June 4-15 , Mon - Fri
Session 3 Mornings 9:00 AM - Noon, June 25 - July 6, Mon-Fri ** NO CLASS JULY 4TH**
Session 4 Afternoons 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM, June 25 - July 6, Mon-Fri ** NO CLASS JULY 4TH**
- Successful completion of the sailing course and practical tests will assist the student in proficiencies required for a US Sailing Certification of Competency.
- Although the student will not earn US Sailing certification, they will have fundamental sailing knowledge and experience, and some sailing experience from which to apply for the certification.
- Courses will be fully staffed by US Sailing Certified Instructors.
- Club members and course graduates ages 14 and up may then use club boats without supervision.
- Younger folks must have a qualified sailor's supervision.
- The course is 30 hours and is conducted over two weeks. Fee is $220 before May 15, $250 after May 15.
- Wear bathing suit and t-shirt, Bring: towel, lifejacket, water, snack, sunscreen, and CLOSED TOE shoe
ADULT Sailing Classes-- Class size is limited to 4 per session.
Class Dates:TBD - My lead instructor is back from college. Adult lessons will be scheduled as demand warrants. Get in touch with me and we'll set up some dates.
Private Lessons are available at $25/hour. Please contact FleetCaptain@osyc.com to check dates and availability
Check back, more classes may come if the demand is there.
Here's some more info about the classes as well as some reading ahead you can do to be more ready:
Get a jump on the course material by reviewing the following materials:
YOUTH SAILOR RE-CERTIFICATION / RE-QUALIFICATION